Resources for starting your county’s Libertarian County Party or Organization
Every county in Oregon is eligible to start an official Libertarian Party if they meet the requirements.
The requirements are 0.5% of registered Libertarians in the county meet in person or remotely to adopt a set of bylaws
Resources are here:
- GET STARTED: Let us know you are actively forming an affiliate with this form, you will then become an LPO County Organizer and able to access resources like voter lists for your county.
- HOW TO: Starting a a county party 101 by Timothy Perkins, Chair of the LP of Oregon and Libertarian Party of Oregon Affiliate Strategy & Vision webinar
- The target for your county can be found on this list (as of October 2022)
- To obtain a list of registered voters, contact email@example.com and request it.
- LPO Affiliate Policy for details on how to form an official party or an affiliated organization like a Political Action Commitee.
- Example Constitution & Bylaws
- TAKE ACTION: To submit an application for County Formation, fill out this form
We recommend you start with a social meetup, and contact the Vice Chair firstname.lastname@example.org to get your events listed on the LP Oregon events page.
We encourage you setup a Twitter, Instagram, Facebook page and let us know what you have contacting email@example.com.
We also encourage you to come to the LP Board Meetings and provide us updates about what is going on in your county.